Friday 13 August 2010

Keith - The Superstar...

Some of you may know that Keith Jellyman and his triathlon successes. Recently NRR donated some money to Keith to help him fund his equipment, here is a recent email update from him on his progress...

Just thought I'd drop you and update, which you can pass on if you want :)

Last Sunday competed in the Blithfield triathlon, it was a bit a uncertain as to whether I would be able to do the event because of a dodgy left leg, but a bit of sports massage worked wonders. The race was another qualifier, namely for next year's Europeans for the standard distance. Needless to say I was just glad to do the race, but completed in times of;

Overall: 02:17:41

Swim: 00:25:46 (1.5km)
T1: 00:01:26
Cycle: 01:09:49 (40km)
T2: 00:00:57
Run: 00:39:40 (10km)

14th in age category and 81st overall.
http://www.stuweb.co.uk/swp/default.asp?a=2&e=436

In terms of getting a qualification time I made it, but just need to wait and see now if I get a place. You need to be within 120% of the winner's time in your age group, and I got 115.3%. In any case I've already pre-qualified because I'm through to this year's worlds. I would prefer to try and get a standard distance place though...

Race otherwise was real good fun, mind the swim I just felt tired throughout?? Not sure what I was up to really considering my pool time has been as low as 22 minutes in the past. Maybe the 5am wake up might have something to do with it to have breakfast. Cycle course was basically two laps down from the reservoir and back up the hill. Run was gruelling considering I haven't been doing much and on slippery gravel. I noticed Chris, from Northants Tri, who started 5 minutes after me was a little too close for comfort so upped the pace despite feeling queasy!

Off end of tomorrow now to pick up my new TT bike woohoo! I'm hoping to really knock my time down with it. The bike I've been riding on for the past 6 years or so I bought on the cheap off a mate, and it has never really fit properly, but now working and not in university completely skint... Needless to say I caught a car up on the test bike (the general manager of Merida UK's own personal bike which he kindly leant!) and then overtook it on a slight uphill. Photos at link below:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/schmooscycles/KeithsFrame?feat=directlink#

Next race is Bedford Classic, the Nationals... Maybe you might fancy a go since it's only down the road.

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment